Ethernet Services offers a comprehensive set of products delivering local to global, end-to-end connectivity to corporate networks, the Internet, and network-based applications at bandwidth ranges from 1 Mbps to 1 Gbps over standard Ethernet customer handoffs of 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps, and GigE. These products leverage proven Ethernet technology to provide scalable transport, cost-saving access alternatives, and enhanced features to Business customers.
Does your Business require:
- Significant bandwidth
- High availability
- Secure, guaranteed bandwidth
In addition, your company may require a reliable, yet cost-effective network, with a point-to-point transport, but can’t justify a dedicated network at all or at some of your locations. We may have a perfect fit for Ethernet Private Line (EPL) or Storage Private Line services. Additionally, if your company has IntraLATA and long distance connectivity needs, EPL and Storage PL can meet these requirements.
Compared to other protocols, Ethernet has significant advantages, including the following:
- Low cost
Because Ethernet is everywhere and the volume is high, the cost is low.
Ethernet is compatible with most customer LANs.
A wide range of applications can run over Ethernet.
Ethernet provides both Layer 1 and Layer 2 functions; it can be used with or without SONET encapsulation; it can support both point-to-point and multi-point applications.
Bandwidth Ethernet can accommodate data rates all the way from 10 Mb/s to 10 Gbps.
Customers are familiar with Ethernet and feel comfortable with Ethernet interfaces to the wide area network.
- Reduce spending on voice service
- Improve voice ROI – spend money to save money
- Converge networks – consolidate voice and data network resources
- Mitigate costs/complexity.
- Distribute and protect data
- Reduce IT spending
- Improve IT ROI – minimal initial capital outlay Deploy new applications
- Connect geographically dispersed locations (intraLATA and/or interLATA)
- Implement Storage Area Networking (SAN) to support disaster recovery programs
- Ensure network resiliency and availability (QoS)
Benefit to Customer
|Preferred Customer Interface||Ethernet is the predominant local area network protocol||Customers are familiar with Ethernet interfaces|
|Near-Perfect Quality-of-Service (QoS)||Ethernet inherits the near-perfect QoS of SONET||Minimal delays and virtually no jitter (up to the specified SONET rate)|
|Resiliency||Ethernet inherits the resiliency of SONET (with restoration within 60 ms)||Five nines availability for channel extension with fiber path diversity|
|Availability||• Ethernet services available throughout the entire footprint of the provider of your choice |
• Ethernet services available between major metropolitan areas
|Flexibility||• Standard and ultra-high availability options |
• Bandwidth scaleable from 10 Mb/s to 1000 Mb/s
|Ethernet can support multiple customers and various services|
|Managed Solution||• Providers can manage facilities and equipment |
• Many Providers monitor and maintains service 24/7
|Customer can focus on their business|
Ethernet represents a comprehensive solution—a well understood technology with a broad selection of operations and management tools and an immense body of operational expertise behind it. In short, it’s a known quantity.